Society is developing, our lifestyle is changing every day, and with this change comes quite a few new problems. The more we get, the more we want. The more we achieve, the more we set goals. That is what a race is all about. We are all losing the real joy of life in this race. Misunderstandings between neighbours are one of the biggest causes of tension in society. It seldom lets society get developed. It obliterates love.
1. Incompatibility: It is not possible to come across a family which has all its members on the same wavelength. They may all have different and different mentalities. So one can never expect two neighbours to be on the same wavelength. They are definitely not going to have the same opinions and the same mentality. But that is not a very big problem at all if one neighbour accepts another’s ideas and mentality. Swami Vivekananda said, "All expansion is life, all contraction is death. All love is an expansion; all hatred is a contraction. Love is, therefore, the only law of life. He who loves lives, he who is selfish is dying. Therefore love for the sake of love, because it is the only law of life, just as you breathe to leave".
2. Unacceptance: Unacceptance is one of the biggest reasons behind misunderstandings. With unacceptance come many other serious problems. With unacceptance come irritation and jealousy. One indeed needs to respect and accept others if one wants to be respected and accepted by others. That is what is not seen in our society. That has obliterated the power of unity. That has made us forget what true love is all about. We are dissipating our energy round the clock in vain. We forget what we are.
3. Jealousy: Jealousy is seen in almost every family. Almost every neighbour gets jealous of another. That is what dissipates our energy most. The energy which should have been used for good things are wasted somewhere else in vain. We think day in, day out, but for finding out a way through which we can have control over others. You get jealous of others' success, and in return, others get jealous of your success. What you do is exchange only negative energy. How horrible it is! We get nothing but hatred. What we need to do is to change ourselves a little bit and open our hearts for others. We need not be that callous. We get what we give others. True is this old saying that what goes around one is what comes around one.
4. Politics: Where there are more than two neighbours living together, there is politics. One wants to have fake respect. One wants to feel that one is superior and another should accept the superiority. And for that, one may do anything. We are so lunatic that we may go to any extent to prove that we should be superior. That snatches from us all our happiness and peace for good. Politics is what makes one hurt others. Politics is what brings unacceptance as well. Give up politics and feel the love.
5. Showing fake dominance: One indeed needs to understand others. One wants to feel special, and for that one can go to any extent. That is what human nature is all about. And that is what we all need to get rid of, and then only will we be at peace. There is no other way to be peaceful. We need to understand what makes us forget our true nature. We are all about divinity. Have a look at the beauty of Mother Nature. She is not biased at all, then why you and me. One indeed needs to love for the sake of love. Showing fake dominance does nothing except make your own respect in someone else's eyes come down. It obliterates love. You no longer find love and respect in others' eyes for you.