Heaven on earth is difficult to find in this ‘modern world’ in which we are living. In the hustle of the ‘big cities’ and ‘busy lives’, we hardly have any time to sit back and admire the beauty of nature. With a pristine beauty, ravishing charm and a sense of rustic appeal, Sikkim is surely a ‘Heaven on Earth.’
Sikkim is the second smallest state in India and the gateway to the north-eastern corridor. It has a unique and mesmerising charm which will definitely steal your heart and leave you spellbound; making you wonder “Is this heaven on earth?”
So, if you do not want to have any regrets in your life, then you should definitely visit Sikkim at least once in your life, and I am sure you cannot resist yourself from visiting this place of alluring charm time and again.
Here, are the top 5 locations in Sikkim which are so enigmatic that it can take your breath away. So, hold your breath and be ready to be lost in the enchanting beauty of nature.
1. GANGTOK- Gangtok is the capital city of Sikkim and is a perfect tourist destination in the state. It is nestled in the eastern Himalayas.
If you are a nature lover, then Gangtok is just perfect for you as it has serene rivers, luscious and thick forests, high mountains and everything beyond your imagination. It is a perfect holiday spot as you can enjoy river rafting, mountain biking and a lot of other fun-loving activities.
Image courtesy- bijlinews.com
2. KANCHENJUNGA- Kanchenjunga is the 3rd highest mountain in the world. It lies partly in Sikkim and partly in Nepal and is again an important tourist destination. The people of Sikkim regard it as a sacred mountain and it is often worshipped. It appears like a white wall dangling in the sky.
Image courtesy- trekkinginsikkim.com
3. YUKSOM- Yuksom is the older capital of Sikkim. It is also known as the ‘meeting of the three lamas.’ It is a perfect example of nature’s beauty and is also grabbing eyeballs of tourist attention.
4. TSOMGO LAKE- The Tsomgo Lake or the ‘Changu Lake’ is one of the highest lakes in India. It has a beauty which nothing can compete too! So, if you are planning a holiday to Sikkim, do not forget to visit this lake, as it will totally captivate your soul. It has a peaceful aura which will fetch beauty to your eyes and calmness to your minds.
Image courtesy- mouthshut.com
5. RUMTEK MONASTERY- Rumtek Monastery is one of the largest monasteries in the state. If you are an ardent admirer of Buddhist cultures and traditions, then it the perfect place for you. This place is also known as ‘Dharma Chakra Centre.’ This place provides knowledge about Buddhist teachings and leaves a spiritual impression on the visitor.
Image courtesy- india.com
I am sure, after reading this article you will rush to book your holiday tickets for Sikkim.
It’s the time to provide yourself with a natural therapy in order to sooth your soul and earn some mental peace.